📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 only rings once and goes to voicemail

How can I fix my phone to ring normally with incoming calls. This worked no problem before and now for 2 days it is not working properly. I just synced my Apple Watch with my phone and coincidentally my iphone stopped ringing properly. Any ideas on how to fix this

Posted on May 2, 2021 4:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 11:49 AM

Hello Chancinit139,

We understand your iPhone isn't ringing as it should since syncing your Apple Watch and phone together. We'd like to share a variety of troubleshooting steps for you to try.

Make sure that Do Not Disturb isn't on. Both on the iPhone and Bedtime settings:

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Bedtime to track your sleep on your iPhone - Apple Support

Make sure that Silence Unknown Callers hasn't been turned on. Also, if you're using an app to filter/detect spam calls, turn off all of the application's features, then remove the app(s) and restart your iPhone: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support 

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support -- If this is only happening with one or a few contacts, make sure they haven't been accidentally blocked.

Make sure that the iOS on your iPhone is up to date along with the carrier settings. If your iPhone needs to be update, please be sure to have a recent backup before you begin:

About the LTE options on your iPhone - Apple Support -- One last thing. If your carrier supports it, make sure that VOLTE is turned off under Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data.

Please let us know the results when you're able.

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities forum.

Have a great week!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 3, 2021 11:49 AM in response to Chancinit139

Hello Chancinit139,

We understand your iPhone isn't ringing as it should since syncing your Apple Watch and phone together. We'd like to share a variety of troubleshooting steps for you to try.

Make sure that Do Not Disturb isn't on. Both on the iPhone and Bedtime settings:

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Bedtime to track your sleep on your iPhone - Apple Support

Make sure that Silence Unknown Callers hasn't been turned on. Also, if you're using an app to filter/detect spam calls, turn off all of the application's features, then remove the app(s) and restart your iPhone: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support 

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support -- If this is only happening with one or a few contacts, make sure they haven't been accidentally blocked.

Make sure that the iOS on your iPhone is up to date along with the carrier settings. If your iPhone needs to be update, please be sure to have a recent backup before you begin:

About the LTE options on your iPhone - Apple Support -- One last thing. If your carrier supports it, make sure that VOLTE is turned off under Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data.

Please let us know the results when you're able.

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities forum.

Have a great week!

iPhone 12 only rings once and goes to voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.