Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch has been unpaired and still won’t update

I’ve been trying to update my watch(series 4) for 4 days now. It won’t update. It’s connected to WiFi and I’ve even tried unpairing it. Now it won’t even get past the update screen from the phone app

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on May 2, 2021 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 9:30 PM

Right right, the key thing then is to select the Set Up as New option during the pairing attempt. Say NO to the "Analytics" and "Install All Apps?" prompts as well. That should give you a factory level S3 watch with about 3.1 GB free storage, as shown in the screen capture below. As you can see the update is about 2.6 GB and will fit in.

During the unpair a full backup of your watch was taken to your iphone, and you can then later restore that, after the update is complete. Yes it is a very tedious process overall with the S3 GPS only model.

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 9:30 PM in response to Steamboat323

Right right, the key thing then is to select the Set Up as New option during the pairing attempt. Say NO to the "Analytics" and "Install All Apps?" prompts as well. That should give you a factory level S3 watch with about 3.1 GB free storage, as shown in the screen capture below. As you can see the update is about 2.6 GB and will fit in.

During the unpair a full backup of your watch was taken to your iphone, and you can then later restore that, after the update is complete. Yes it is a very tedious process overall with the S3 GPS only model.

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Watch has been unpaired and still won’t update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.