Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"There's A Problem Loading This Content"AppleTV/tvOS 14.5-UPDATE /Home network computer/Big Sur 11.3

Since updating to tvOS 14.5 Update now our Apple TV(4k) gets "There's A Problem Loading This Content" with all home videos and video content on iMac(Big Sur 11.3), which worked perfect before the update. They played fine in TV app on iMac but cannot get any content to play again on any Apple TV(we have 4 units). All get the same message. I also reset my Apple TV to factory out of abundance of caution, reauthorized all my devices as well as turned off home share and re-shared . Any suggestions? FYI-I keep my media on a external HD

I have tried to change the TV directory to a complete new Ext HD(copied from one to the other) and same problem with the new just had to locate them but having the same error message on the Apple TV (seems like it's stuck in a bad path). Any suggestions would be helpful as I will now resort to rubbing Budda's belly as it can't hurt

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on May 2, 2021 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 9:02 PM

Apple still delivering a great product and I appreciate you replying however it turns out it was a third party firewall/virus protecter. I uninstalled it after reading other threads in the community and it made sense as another possible barrier. What a nightmare all that work and it was just firewall software, on the plus side it forced me to analyze and reorganize all my media files & folders. I now have all my computer content back and streaming on my home network.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2021 9:02 PM in response to J_Johnnyboy

Apple still delivering a great product and I appreciate you replying however it turns out it was a third party firewall/virus protecter. I uninstalled it after reading other threads in the community and it made sense as another possible barrier. What a nightmare all that work and it was just firewall software, on the plus side it forced me to analyze and reorganize all my media files & folders. I now have all my computer content back and streaming on my home network.

May 3, 2021 6:33 PM in response to Gogypsy

Hello Gogypsy,

Thanks for reaching out to us for support. This is certainly not the experience that we want you to have with your Apple TV, and we are going to do everything we can to help you. When you have a free moment, please give the steps below a try as they may potentially resolve your issue:

1) Make sure that you are connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.

2) Test the speed of your Wi-Fi internet connection.

3) Check the signal strength of the internet connection via your Apple TV.

4) If you’re on Wi-Fi, try using an ethernet cable.

If you’re still experiencing the same problem after completing the steps above, please check out the links below and let us know if the original issue persists.

If your Apple TV won't connect to Wi-Fi

Stream content with Home Sharing on Apple TV - Apple TV User Guide

Here is a similar discussion regarding the issue you are experiencing:

Apple TV cannot see home movies

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

"There's A Problem Loading This Content"AppleTV/tvOS 14.5-UPDATE /Home network computer/Big Sur 11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.