Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When playing a game on full screen, cursor moves to top left corner by itself

Hello everyone, I am quite new here. I bumped into a problem and search for a solution, but I couldn't find one. And this is my first chance to actually write to the Apple community, instead of reading.

I am using an M1 MacBook Pro. Whenever I full screen a game, switch back to the desktop view or another app and get back to the game (like Dota 2, KSP or Human Resources Machine, you name it) the mouse goes to the top left corner every two minutes or so. Is that a bug or a known problem that can be fixable?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 3, 2021 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 7:46 AM

Hi yagiziskirik,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We appreciate you reaching out for help with this issue you're experiencing when playing your games fullscreen and switching back and forth. Let's get to the bottom of this together.

To start, let us know if you experience this behavior only when playing these certain games in fullscreen, or if it also happens when using other apps.

Do you have any other third-party apps running when this occurs? If so, what happens if you quit those apps and test again? It may help to disable login items temporarily and restart your computer. Here's a guide to help:

If the issue persists, let us know the version of macOS installed. This can be found under Apple menu () > About this Mac.

Remove login items to resolve startup problems on your Mac - Apple Support

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2021 7:46 AM in response to yagiziskirik

Hi yagiziskirik,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We appreciate you reaching out for help with this issue you're experiencing when playing your games fullscreen and switching back and forth. Let's get to the bottom of this together.

To start, let us know if you experience this behavior only when playing these certain games in fullscreen, or if it also happens when using other apps.

Do you have any other third-party apps running when this occurs? If so, what happens if you quit those apps and test again? It may help to disable login items temporarily and restart your computer. Here's a guide to help:

If the issue persists, let us know the version of macOS installed. This can be found under Apple menu () > About this Mac.

Remove login items to resolve startup problems on your Mac - Apple Support

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Have a great day!

When playing a game on full screen, cursor moves to top left corner by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.