You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t seem to command “enable journaling” on my Mac

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on May 3, 2021 4:35 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 6, 2021 10:20 PM in response to varchasa

Is your Mac able to boot to the internal drive (normally or into Safe Mode)?

What file system is on the internal drive?

Did you perform a clean install of macOS or restore from a backup or clone and incorrectly erase the drive?

To me it appears your internal drive is missing which means the internal drive has most likely failed unless you somehow have a half installed OS. As @P. Phillips has already mentioned you are showing us the macOS installer volume (whether it is the local recovery partition, a USB installer, or the virtual volume of Internet Recovery Mode) you cannot modify the volume because it is read-only. You have some other problem to solve here than enabling journaling. We need more information about what is occurring with your system and how you got to this point where you need (or you think you need) journaling enabled.

I can’t seem to command “enable journaling” on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.