Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Universal Clipboard is not working

How do I fix the universal clipboard? Handoff is enabled and working. I am able to start an email from one device and finish on another. However when copying text from Mac, I go to paste and the paste option is not available on iPhone. Literally "paste" is the only option that does not show up. When I copy from iPhone my Mac only pastes what was previously copied on my Mac. This has been going on for months. Thanks.

Posted on May 3, 2021 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 8:25 AM

kaywhyelee wrote:

How do I fix the universal clipboard? Handoff is enabled and working. I am able to start an email from one device and finish on another. However when copying text from Mac, I go to paste and the paste option is not available on iPhone. Literally "paste" is the only option that does not show up. When I copy from iPhone my Mac only pastes what was previously copied on my Mac. This has been going on for months. Thanks.

hmmm.

What exact Mac, what exact macOS, old issue, new issue what changed to precipitated the issue???

Universal Clipboard Requirements—To use Universal Clipboard, your devices must be:

Macs running macOS Sierra (10.12) or newer.

iOS devices running iOS 10 or newer.

Signed into iCloud using the same Apple ID.

Have Bluetooth enabled.

Have Wi-Fi enabled and be connected to the same network.

Have Handoff enabled.

Be within about 30 feet (10 meters) of each other (standard Bluetooth range).

>System Preferences>General

See if there is anything here:

Use Universal Clipboard to copy and paste between your ...

Copy and paste between devices from your Mac - Apple Support

Use Universal Clipboard on your Mac - Apple Support

To trouble shoot— sign out of iCloud on all devices and sign back in again

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2021 8:25 AM in response to kaywhyelee

kaywhyelee wrote:

hmmm.

What exact Mac, what exact macOS, old issue, new issue what changed to precipitated the issue???

Universal Clipboard Requirements—To use Universal Clipboard, your devices must be:

Macs running macOS Sierra (10.12) or newer.

iOS devices running iOS 10 or newer.

Signed into iCloud using the same Apple ID.

Have Bluetooth enabled.

Have Wi-Fi enabled and be connected to the same network.

Have Handoff enabled.

Be within about 30 feet (10 meters) of each other (standard Bluetooth range).

>System Preferences>General

See if there is anything here:

Use Universal Clipboard to copy and paste between your ...

Copy and paste between devices from your Mac - Apple Support

Use Universal Clipboard on your Mac - Apple Support

To trouble shoot— sign out of iCloud on all devices and sign back in again

May 3, 2021 10:51 AM in response to leroydouglas

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) macOS big sur version 11.3. Old issue going on for months. Used to work. Now it doesn't. I don't use it every day so I don't know exactly when it started. Confirmed same wifi and bluetooth is enabled and clipboard sharing is enabled.

MacBook-Pro ~ % defaults read ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.coreservices.useractivityd.plist

{

ClipboardSharingEnabled = 0;

kLocalPasteboardBlobName = "/var/folders/08/9tz83jyx73q08_q2b3z5_3cc0000gn/T/com.apple.useractivityd/shared-pasteboard/4858286D-7C78-4F3B-8C61-695A783A5DE4";

kRemotePasteboardBlobName = "/var/folders/08/9tz83jyx73q08_q2b3z5_3cc0000gn/T/com.apple.useractivityd/shared-pasteboard/7AE4751C-4F23-41E9-B006-E5B82959A277";

}

Universal Clipboard is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.