Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

universal clipboard not working on ios devices between ipad and iphone

the Universal Clipboard stopped working between my iPhone 6s and iPad , both on iOS 12.4. I tried toggling off/on handoff and rebooting already. The iCloud is the same and my notes and iCloud safari tabs are synced, only the copy/paste is not working.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 6:22 AM

If you have ensured all of the following, and it still doesn't work, contact Apple Support:

Set up Universal Clipboard

Use Universal Clipboard with any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that meets the Continuity system requirements. It works when your devices are near each other and set up as follows:

• Each device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
  • Each device has Bluetooth turned on.
  • Each device has Wi-Fi turned on.
  • Each device has Handoff turned on:
    • On Mac, choose Apple menu () > System Preferences, then click General. Select “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
    • On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > Handoff, then turn on Handoff.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2019 6:22 AM in response to Tpacker

If you have ensured all of the following, and it still doesn't work, contact Apple Support:

Set up Universal Clipboard

Use Universal Clipboard with any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that meets the Continuity system requirements. It works when your devices are near each other and set up as follows:

• Each device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
  • Each device has Bluetooth turned on.
  • Each device has Wi-Fi turned on.
  • Each device has Handoff turned on:
    • On Mac, choose Apple menu () > System Preferences, then click General. Select “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
    • On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > Handoff, then turn on Handoff.

universal clipboard not working on ios devices between ipad and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.