Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scrollbar in iPad Files app

Is it possible to hide or temporarily suppress the scrollbar in the iPad Files app? I would also be happy if I could just move it instead.

To elaborate: since I am right handed, marking up pdfs with my Pencil is a pain. I constantly find myself unintentionally scrolling to other pages whenever my hand accidentally brushes the right edge of the screen.

Some third party apps allow me to move the scrollbar and that helps (e.g. PDF Viewer), but it seems pretty ridiculous that I can't comfortably use my Apple Pencil on an Apple iPad inside the Apple Files app to perform one of the most basic workflows.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 3, 2021 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 9:30 AM

Hey there egsamp,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you'd like to see a change within the Files app on iPad. We can point you in the right direction to share that suggestion.

We're not finding a way to disable or move that sidebar in the Files app in iPadOS, so we would recommend sharing your suggestions and feedback on this with Apple. You can use this link: Product Feedback - Apple

Best regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2021 9:30 AM in response to egsamp

Hey there egsamp,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you'd like to see a change within the Files app on iPad. We can point you in the right direction to share that suggestion.

We're not finding a way to disable or move that sidebar in the Files app in iPadOS, so we would recommend sharing your suggestions and feedback on this with Apple. You can use this link: Product Feedback - Apple

Best regards.

Scrollbar in iPad Files app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.