You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sight clicking sound on my XR when lightning connectors in and moved back and fourth....

when i move my lightning connector back and fourth while plugged in my XR, it makes a slight clicking sound. The phones charges perfectly fine and there are no issues with performance. I find it annoying and a bit concerning that my phone does this. I tested it out with other lightning connectors (earbuds & other chargers) and it seems to be a phone issue as my other devices don’t have this issue. I don’t have apple care nor can i afford it right now (college student). should this be something I need to check in with apple right away?

Posted on May 3, 2021 11:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 3:39 PM

Hello,

Hmm, take a look at this:

Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories

However, if it works OK, try not to worry too much.

Good luck.

1 reply

sight clicking sound on my XR when lightning connectors in and moved back and fourth....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.