Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location services keep turning off / MacBook Pro , Mojave

I have the same issue as https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251991874

But since that thread has been abandoned I'm starting a new one to bump this question to the top.

I have already tried all the recommended steps as the original reporter in that thread with no luck. Just like the original reporter, I also travel frequently (if that makes a difference).

Just like the original thread, my request is that:

• If I turn location services ON for an app, location services should STAY ON for that app.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 3, 2021 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 8:15 AM

Make sure you don't have proxies, firewalls, or vpns that might try to override the network settings.

Make sure you aren't using any third party security software that may want to take control of those settings.

Symantec has been taken over by Broadcom, and its latest version has built-in firewall settings that could interfere with some corporate firewall blocks. I know where I work, we had to switch to CarbonBlack as a result.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 8:15 AM in response to unodrummer

Make sure you don't have proxies, firewalls, or vpns that might try to override the network settings.

Make sure you aren't using any third party security software that may want to take control of those settings.

Symantec has been taken over by Broadcom, and its latest version has built-in firewall settings that could interfere with some corporate firewall blocks. I know where I work, we had to switch to CarbonBlack as a result.

Location services keep turning off / MacBook Pro , Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.