Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone calendar keeping skipping back to same date

When I use the calendar app on my iPhone and change to the today view, it often skips back in time to September 19, 2019 for some odd reason. It has occurred through a number of versions of iOS. I’m currently on 14.5 and have an iPhone 12.

iPhone 12

Posted on May 3, 2021 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 8:48 AM

My iPhone calendar does this as well. It continuously jumps to the date of September 24, 2019 for no reason! Apparently this is the first date on my calendar that I can open when I go backwards in list view. . . It does it all the time when I am trying to review my calendar. It is obnoxious!!

106 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 8:48 AM in response to Merdybean

My iPhone calendar does this as well. It continuously jumps to the date of September 24, 2019 for no reason! Apparently this is the first date on my calendar that I can open when I go backwards in list view. . . It does it all the time when I am trying to review my calendar. It is obnoxious!!

May 4, 2021 5:29 PM in response to DLDenver

Hello DLDenver,

We'd love to assist you with viewing your events in the Calendar app. Does the same issue occur after restarting the device using the steps here: Restart your iPhone

Also, is the issue only occurring with a specific calendar in the Calendar app? You can toggle between the different calendars by choosing the Calendars option at the bottom.

Best regards

Jul 11, 2021 9:44 AM in response to BjKU

I'm having the same/similar problem. Whenever I add an event the calendar jumps back exactly one year; not 2019 but one year. I too have mis-scheduled appointments because of this issue. I'm betting much better at 'looking to see where I am in time' before adding another appointment/event. Do you or anyone else know of any other calendar to use on iPhone?

May 14, 2021 5:28 AM in response to sterling r

I have been having the same issue. It only occurs on my iPhone calendar, not on the same calendar on my iPad which is linked to the same calendars. I have tried to restart my phone to stop this from happening but the problem persists. Like the original post this has been happening for years across different versions of iOS.

Sep 14, 2021 11:46 PM in response to DLDenver

I have the same issue on IOS < 14.8 --> skipped to september 19, 2019

Iphone SE 1st generation

IOS 14.8

I read all hint on this forum. I switch off and on all agendas in calendar app.

When opening agenda app now agenda skipped one year back instead of sptember 19, 2019.

This behaviour was also mentioned in this topic.

So I called the Dutch Apple support.

We executed some standard checked proposed by apple. No solution.

We found out which button in the agenda is causing the issue.

When you are using below setting the issue occur. When you switch off this setting agenda will stay on current date (today).

Apple support member proposed to wait till IOS 15 and to check if it is solved.

If it is not solved I could update my Applie ticket and he will create a bugreport.

Jul 18, 2021 3:23 AM in response to DLDenver

I’ve had the same problem for years. For no reason whatsoever it jumps back to November 2019.

One strange thing is that it doesn’t show previous events (when displaying events as listed) even though there’s plenty events when I press back and display a whole month at a time.

So when I select an event from let’s say 2017 when viewing a month, it again jumps to November 2019. Why?!

Furthermore it jumps back to November 2019 when I idle and just have the calendar open.

I’ve tried restarting, deleting calendars, toggle on and of on iCloud, tried setting the synchronization for 3 months just to turn it back to Synchronize All Events.

I’ve tried changing the default calendar and tried to see if the problem is because of some computer iCalender sync.

but… no luck so far.

Jul 23, 2021 4:08 PM in response to DLDenver

Exact same problem in iOS 14.7. Apple hasn't even bothered to address the problem. Couldn't care less. This calendar is useless. It is so easy to make a mistake if you don't pay close attention to how it jumps around. I can't believe Apple could let something like this go on for so long. Steve would be slapping the backs of heads if he saw this, let alone had to use it. He would have fixed it.

Jul 30, 2021 8:31 AM in response to DLDenver

Hi:

I had the same issue and on top of that, I noticed that it will not display anything scheduled before that date. It will show the "dots" meaning that something was scheduled for that date but it will only show me details starting Sept 2019, the same date that was taking my calendar back to at opening.

I got on the phone with apple support. I was advised to delete my Calendar app and download it again. As of now, is showing everything, even before Sept 2019 and after opening and closing several times now, is opening on today's date

iPhone calendar keeping skipping back to same date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.