Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPad and an iPhone and need to change the Apple ID . When I go to edit it says someone else is using the email I want to change it to?

How dibI change my Apple ID when my email had changed and I have an iPhone and an iPad.edit days that someone is alteady using the email selected and this is not possible !

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 4, 2021 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 12:40 PM

Have you logged into your ID to see if the email address is listed anywhere?

Apple ID - Manage   

5 replies

May 27, 2021 8:11 AM in response to Eric Root

I am having the same problem. The email on record will no longer be available to me soon. My alternate email (and the one I want to use) is listed after my phone number but says "verify" and when I click the link to verify, it says the email is taken. "No kidding?" says I. Earlier this morning I tried again and it told me that email could not be the same as my ID. I will only have one email soon...what is up with this?

I have an iPad and an iPhone and need to change the Apple ID . When I go to edit it says someone else is using the email I want to change it to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.