Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple ID not working for app store and itunes

I formatted my mac today and while reinstalling it took the oldest OS (OS X). When installed I didn't sign in with apple ID thinking I will do it post installation. However, when the mac was ready to use I can sign in to iCloud but not to App Store or iTunes.

It says, An Apple ID verification code is required to sign in. Type your password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices. I have allowed and password is there for me ready, but the login screen which says this remains as is and doesn't go the next screen for me to enter the password.

When I click login again, it takes me to "forgot password" screen. Its bit weird.

Also, when I tried to create a support ticket, I could see my other apple laptop, phone and watch but not the laptop which I reinstalled.

Any help?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on May 4, 2021 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 8:39 AM

This usually means you have a 2FA(two factor) enabled Apple ID and you need to add the verification code, sent to your trusted devices, to the end of your password. The OS you installed is outdated compared to your apple Ids security

Similar questions

2 replies

apple ID not working for app store and itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.