Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone camera not working after iOS 14.5.1update

Hello... after I updated my iPhone 7 Plus to iOS 14.5.1 my camera acts up. It doesn't load the camera. I then try to turn on the flashlight but it doesn't work either. Sometimes, I try to repeatedly turn on and off the flashlight until suddenly it works. I then come back to the camera and keep switching the camera modes, and rarely, it functions. Once I exit it an try the camera on an app though, it doesn't work again. Restarting didn't help my problem.

iPhone 7 Plus, 14

Posted on May 4, 2021 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 10:51 AM

fadhliwafi94 Said:

"iPhone camera not working after iOS 14.5.1update"

-------

Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration. If not backup, then know to always have one created prior to installing an update, to avoid things like this in the future.

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2021 10:51 AM in response to fadhliwafi94

fadhliwafi94 Said:

"iPhone camera not working after iOS 14.5.1update"

-------

Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration. If not backup, then know to always have one created prior to installing an update, to avoid things like this in the future.

May 25, 2021 5:19 AM in response to fadhliwafi94

Right after updating, all 3 cameras (2 back, 1 front) and my LED Light didn‘t work. I did all sorts of resets even without restoring from a backup and nothing helped.

Brought it to a Apple Store and they wanted to change the back camera. Was not too happy with that suggestion because it didn‘t seem logical to me. But they offered to try it and if it didn‘t succeed and solve the whole problem, free of charge.

They changed the back camera but broke the screen while doing so. They claimed that the new back camera worked when installed but the fron one didn‘t. Got a new iPhone anyways because they broke the screen. However, imo it just doesn‘t make sense. Why should suddenly the back camera fail just after updating? And the front cam as well? Still a mystery but at least solved for me personally

iPhone camera not working after iOS 14.5.1update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.