Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur 11.3.1 installation

Big Sur 11.3.1 installation stalls with 10 minutes to go. I have shut down computer and restarted and have the same problem. Any ideas on how to fix?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 4, 2021 12:41 PM

9 replies

May 5, 2021 7:32 AM in response to CENeviz1898

CENeviz1898 wrote:

İf you have any office program older than Office 365 , it does not work anymore with bigsur. You are not allowed to go back to your old system either

I have Office 2016 installed on my Mac running the latest version of Big Sur; it works fine. That said it would probably support either a one-time purchase or an Office 365 subscription, as activation is done using license keys given to the appropriate Microsoft account.

I suspect that the version of Office you have is 32-bit. To check, click the Apple logo in the top left corner and choose About This Mac. Click System Report, then choose Legacy Software in the window that opens. If Office appears in that list, it is 32-bit and cannot run in either Catalina or Big Sur.

On most Intel-based Macs, it is still possible to downgrade to an older version of macOS. Doing so requires an erase, unless you made a Time Machine backup before you upgraded.

Macs with Apple Silicon can only be downgraded to macOS Big Sur 11.0.1, and even then only if they shipped with that version (instead of a newer version).

Big Sur 11.3.1 installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.