You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store cannot process gift certificates

Hello, I was checking through my mail to see there was a sent gift card from my in-law brother, every time I try to redeem it says "the iTunes Store cannot process gift certificates at this time" I’ve tried this on different devices.

I’ve tried many attempts on different devices and it still says the same thing.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 4, 2021 1:36 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2021 11:12 AM in response to paw177

Hey paw177,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We hear that you're having trouble with your iTunes Store gift certificate.

You've done great steps so far by checking on difference devices to see if your iTunes Store gift certificate would work on those difference devices.

Since you're still getting the same message, Contact iTunes Support directly for further investigation. 

Cheers!

May 5, 2021 11:20 AM in response to paw177

Hi, which country are you trying to use the gift card. I live in Pakistan and i was also given a iTunes gift card sometime back by a friend who lives in the US as a birthday gift. I also had the same problem as the itunes card was a US supported one and the amount was in USD. Hence, i was unable to use it in Pakistan. When i buy from Pakistan i get it in Pakistan Rupees, and this card wont work anywhere else in the world. You can try this, if the person who sent this card lives in another country, you will have to change your country/region to that particular country where the card was purchased and it will work. Once you use the credit you can revert back to your country of residence. Hope this helps

Regards,

Sheryar

iTunes Store cannot process gift certificates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.