Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update issues

i am wanting to download an app onto my macbook air and when i click to instal and message pops up telling me basically to update my computer, but when i go to my updates to see if one is available for me to update, there is nothing.

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 4, 2021 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 5:55 PM

Most likely, your device is not compatible with the software update.

You can confirm that by doing this:

1. Check the app's macOS requirements. You should able to see this on the app description if you are downloading it from App Store.
  2. Once you find out the required macOS, check your device if it's compatible with the minimum requirements. You can find your device description on Apple Menu > About this Mac.
  3. Look on the internet if your device is compatible. (Example article from Apple: macOS Catalina is compatible with these computers - Apple Support)

Hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2021 5:55 PM in response to claratiffany

Most likely, your device is not compatible with the software update.

You can confirm that by doing this:

1. Check the app's macOS requirements. You should able to see this on the app description if you are downloading it from App Store.
  2. Once you find out the required macOS, check your device if it's compatible with the minimum requirements. You can find your device description on Apple Menu > About this Mac.
  3. Look on the internet if your device is compatible. (Example article from Apple: macOS Catalina is compatible with these computers - Apple Support)

Hope this helps.

update issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.