Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 Pro Battery Draining After iOS 14.5

I just recently updated my phone to ios 14.5 a week ago, and my battery was draining like crazy! Last night, I finished charging up to 100% at 11:16pm and did not use it at all (with no background apps and wifi turned off). When I woke up at around 7:30am, my battery was already 77%! Has anyone experienced this too? I updated again to ios 14.5.1 since there’s a new update, hoping this could fix it. Thanks!

Posted on May 4, 2021 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 6:42 PM

Hi clarethromycin,

Please read:

If issues persists, reset settings, NOT Erase All Content and SettingsReturn iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support. This will not erase personal data.

If yet it doesn't get better, contact Apple to learn about repair options: Get Support.

Cheers,

Jack

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2021 6:42 PM in response to clarethromycin

Hi clarethromycin,

Please read:

If issues persists, reset settings, NOT Erase All Content and SettingsReturn iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support. This will not erase personal data.

If yet it doesn't get better, contact Apple to learn about repair options: Get Support.

Cheers,

Jack

May 4, 2021 8:13 PM in response to clarethromycin

Did you check the link provided by Jack-19?

What did this indicate was using your battery?

Do you have apps updating over cellular data? (Settings > App Store > Automatic Downloads)

Did you have poor cellular reception?

You should really just be leaving your phone plugged in overnight, every night. All you're really doing by not having it plugged in when it should be plugged in is increasing your charge cycle count. If you just charge your phone every night overnight, and make sure Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Optimized Battery Charging is turned on, your phone will learn your nightly habit and top off the charge when necessary..

No need to disconnect it from WiFi, in fact that's when automatic backups/updates would be occurring.

Also, how did you disconnect from WiFi? If you just tap the WiFi icon in control center, that only disconnects until 'tomorrow'.. so your phone may well have reconnected to your WiFi network at midnight and been doing updates or backups, etc.

Iphone 11 Pro Battery Draining After iOS 14.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.