Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I open safari on my iMac I get an error saying Safari is damaged and should be moved to the trash.

When I try to open safari by clicking the safari icon on my iMac I get an error stating safari is damaged and should be moved to the trash. However, when I click a link in an email it will open in safari and then the browser seems to work fine on that and other web pages till it's closed again. I've upgraded safari and restarted the computer...

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 4, 2021 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 7:04 PM

Open Safari from the Applications folder, and see if that works. If that works, then remove the Safari icon from the Dock, and then drag Safari from Applications to the Dock to re-add the icon into the Dock. Then test that.

For how to do that, see >Use the Dock on Mac - Apple Support

Which macOS version and which iMac are you using here? The 🍎 > About This Mac item in the menus will show both the macOS version, as well as the iMac model and sub-model and year. With that info posted here, we can check and you might have other options available.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2021 7:04 PM in response to KatyM01

Open Safari from the Applications folder, and see if that works. If that works, then remove the Safari icon from the Dock, and then drag Safari from Applications to the Dock to re-add the icon into the Dock. Then test that.

For how to do that, see >Use the Dock on Mac - Apple Support

Which macOS version and which iMac are you using here? The 🍎 > About This Mac item in the menus will show both the macOS version, as well as the iMac model and sub-model and year. With that info posted here, we can check and you might have other options available.

When I open safari on my iMac I get an error saying Safari is damaged and should be moved to the trash.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.