Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Grey Line on the Mac Air Screen

Hello, this morning i turn on my Mac Air and the screen is full of grey line. Does any one know what is the problem ? Thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on May 4, 2021 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 9:29 PM

That does not look good at all. You can try the following troubleshooting tasks and see whether that resolves the issue. I strongly feel that this one is a hardware issue.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. This is probably a hardware issue and related to the Display or the connecting Cable or the Logic Board. I recommend that you have your MacBook Air examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2021 9:29 PM in response to enrico297

That does not look good at all. You can try the following troubleshooting tasks and see whether that resolves the issue. I strongly feel that this one is a hardware issue.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. This is probably a hardware issue and related to the Display or the connecting Cable or the Logic Board. I recommend that you have your MacBook Air examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center.

Axel F.

Grey Line on the Mac Air Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.