Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios14.5.1 stuck on checking for update

I have 4 devices - 2 x iPads & 2 x iPhones (iPhone 7 & iPhone iPhone XS Max). All the devices were running IOS14.5/iPadOS14.5. Both iPads updated to the latest IOS14.5.1 without an issue. However both of the iPhones show the same problem - see image. I have been trying for two days, have restarted both iPhones many times. I did manage to download the update file at one point on the iPhone XS, however it would not install. As this is happening on two different model iPhones (but the iPads do not have this issue) and all devices are running on the same WiFi network and have 100’s of GB free space, the problem would have to be related to a bug in the update software for the iPhone (but not the iPad). No point in telling me to plug into my computer/iTunes to update as I do not have one. Tapping on the “Download And Install” does nothing. Tapping on the “Learn More” sometimes shows info about the update but often causes a crash in the Settings app.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Is Apple aware of this problem?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on May 4, 2021 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 9:37 PM

One other forum member has suggested this has something to do with the English (Australia) and English (New Zealand) language settings. Please try changing your language setting to English (UK) or English (US), reboot, try the update, and if successful set your language back to the original and reboot once more. Let us know how you go.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2021 9:37 PM in response to Michael Fraser1

One other forum member has suggested this has something to do with the English (Australia) and English (New Zealand) language settings. Please try changing your language setting to English (UK) or English (US), reboot, try the update, and if successful set your language back to the original and reboot once more. Let us know how you go.

ios14.5.1 stuck on checking for update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.