Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini issues after upgrading to macOS Big Sur 11.3

my HomePod mini is not able to airplay with my Mac although it is working on my iPad and iPhone.

Static is also heard and it is not able to access Apple Music.

How can I fix this?

HomePod mini, 14

Posted on May 5, 2021 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 8:20 AM

Hello nbastar223,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having some trouble using your HomePod mini to Airplay from your Mac, and directly from Apple Music, correct? If so, we would love to help see if we can get the issue resolved for you. Let's go ahead and try restarting your HomePod and your Mac first:

1. Restart your HomePod mini: Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad and press and hold HomePod.
  2. Restart your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off
  3. Update your Mac to the latest version of macOS Big Sur: How to update the software on your Mac
  4. Reset your HomePod mini: Reset HomePod

Set up your HomePod mini again after resetting it: Set up and use HomePod After that, check to see if you still experience issues with static and it being unable to access Apple Music. Also, try using AirPlay to steam music to your HomePod mini from your Mac with the steps in the "Stream audio from your Apple TV with AirPlay" section here: Use AirPlay to stream audio

Let us know if you need additional help with the issues you're experiencing with your HomePod mini. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2021 8:20 AM in response to nbastar223

Hello nbastar223,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having some trouble using your HomePod mini to Airplay from your Mac, and directly from Apple Music, correct? If so, we would love to help see if we can get the issue resolved for you. Let's go ahead and try restarting your HomePod and your Mac first:

1. Restart your HomePod mini: Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad and press and hold HomePod.
  2. Restart your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off
  3. Update your Mac to the latest version of macOS Big Sur: How to update the software on your Mac
  4. Reset your HomePod mini: Reset HomePod

Set up your HomePod mini again after resetting it: Set up and use HomePod After that, check to see if you still experience issues with static and it being unable to access Apple Music. Also, try using AirPlay to steam music to your HomePod mini from your Mac with the steps in the "Stream audio from your Apple TV with AirPlay" section here: Use AirPlay to stream audio

Let us know if you need additional help with the issues you're experiencing with your HomePod mini. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

HomePod mini issues after upgrading to macOS Big Sur 11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.