Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying/moving files from download folder

Hi. Lately, whenever I try moving or copying a file or folder from the download folder, it "changes" into another file in the destination folder. Always the same picture. For instance, if i drag a folder with dokument to desktop, the picture (which is one of my own) appears. Any clues? Thanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on May 5, 2021 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 11:39 AM

What kind of file turns into what kind of file?

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 11:39 AM in response to missannagret

What kind of file turns into what kind of file?

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Copying/moving files from download folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.