Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applecare+

I would like to buy Ipad air and iphone se 2 in June in Hong Kong, but I emigrate to the UK in July. Can I buy them in HK, then buy the Applecare+ in UK?

and I have Iphone 11 pro, Iphone SE2 and Iwatch series 6 of the apple care + in Hong Kong, the expire date is 19 Sept 2021, 30 april 2022 (iphone) and 25 Sept 2022 (iwatch), when I emigrate to the UK. Can applecare+ still valid protect it in UK?

Thank you!

Posted on May 5, 2021 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 1:43 PM

If you buy a device in Hong Kong and then take it to the UK you may have warranty issues regardless of whether or not it has AppleCare.

"IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device."

The above is from the USA version of this iPhone and iPad warranty terms and conditions document but the section limiting international service is pretty much the same for the warranty for all countries. If you wish to check the warranty for your specific country, click on this link to take you to the page about Apple warranties, then select your device and country --> https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2021 1:43 PM in response to FionLeung

If you buy a device in Hong Kong and then take it to the UK you may have warranty issues regardless of whether or not it has AppleCare.

"IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device."

The above is from the USA version of this iPhone and iPad warranty terms and conditions document but the section limiting international service is pretty much the same for the warranty for all countries. If you wish to check the warranty for your specific country, click on this link to take you to the page about Apple warranties, then select your device and country --> https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/

Applecare+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.