Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Makingc a single duplicate ofx a photo on iPad

Elementary question sorry! But I cannot work out how to duplicate a photo before I mark it up so that I have the original and marked up version later. when I make a "copy" I cannot see it - cannot find "duplicate"

Posted on May 6, 2021 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 9:36 AM

Hi rmcameron,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you'd like to save a separate original copy of a photo that does not include edits, correct? If so, the edit tools would allow you to revert the photo back to the original, but this doesn't save a copy of the edited photo. For a separate copy of the photo, if saved from a different source, it may be best to save the photo twice so you'll have both versions. You can also capture a screenshot of the photo to have a save an additional copy as well. We've provided links below to help.

Edit photos and videos on iPad

Take a screenshot on your iPad

Let us know if you need additional help with your photos. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2021 9:36 AM in response to rmcameron

Hi rmcameron,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you'd like to save a separate original copy of a photo that does not include edits, correct? If so, the edit tools would allow you to revert the photo back to the original, but this doesn't save a copy of the edited photo. For a separate copy of the photo, if saved from a different source, it may be best to save the photo twice so you'll have both versions. You can also capture a screenshot of the photo to have a save an additional copy as well. We've provided links below to help.

Edit photos and videos on iPad

Take a screenshot on your iPad

Let us know if you need additional help with your photos. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

Makingc a single duplicate ofx a photo on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.