Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

11.3.1 keep going to a sign in page that is inoperable then requires a total reboot

After the recent 11.3.1 update, my MacBook air 2018 goes to a weird sign-in page asking username and password, then does not work. I then have to reboot and it is slow to reload after I sign in. Anytime I walk away for a few moments it does this. Is there a fix to this yet?

Posted on May 6, 2021 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 7:37 AM

Try the Safe Boot SHIFT key immediately are restart. It will do a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software and Fonts. The computer will load slowly, look different and perform differently - all normal. Run it this mode for 7 -10 minutes then restart in Normal Mode and Test again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2021 7:37 AM in response to PJC393

Try the Safe Boot SHIFT key immediately are restart. It will do a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software and Fonts. The computer will load slowly, look different and perform differently - all normal. Run it this mode for 7 -10 minutes then restart in Normal Mode and Test again.

May 6, 2021 2:00 PM in response to PRP_53

I followed your instructions. Getting into safe mode was a first for me, but if you do it as instructed, on the upper right in red it does indicate "safe mode". I left the computer on and did basic surfing for more than 10 minutes. Then I restarted the computer and so far it has not exhibited bad behavior. It does not shut down and the restart seems to be normal. Thanks for this answer, it is much appreciated!

11.3.1 keep going to a sign in page that is inoperable then requires a total reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.