Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logging on to my MacBook Air

When I enter my password the password entry area just bounces on the screen and I can't get any further. This has been happening for a while now but if I let it sit for a bit it normally works. Today it's been more than an hour. Can anyone help please?

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 2:35 PM

HCBic Said:

"Logging on to my MacBook Air: When I enter my password the password entry area just bounces on the screen and I can't get any further. This has been happening for a while now but if I let it sit for a bit it normally works. Today it's been more than an hour. Can anyone help please?"

-------

Successfully Entering Long Password:

A. Reset the SMC and NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Only Based Macs): Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for USB Ports/Keyboard) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both on your Mac.

B. Use An External Keyboard:

It Doesn't have to be Apple brand. You might need this adapter: USB-C to USB A Adapter - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2022 2:35 PM in response to HCBic

HCBic Said:

"Logging on to my MacBook Air: When I enter my password the password entry area just bounces on the screen and I can't get any further. This has been happening for a while now but if I let it sit for a bit it normally works. Today it's been more than an hour. Can anyone help please?"

-------

Successfully Entering Long Password:

A. Reset the SMC and NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Only Based Macs): Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for USB Ports/Keyboard) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both on your Mac.

B. Use An External Keyboard:

It Doesn't have to be Apple brand. You might need this adapter: USB-C to USB A Adapter - Apple

Logging on to my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.