Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I enter my MacBook Air password the circle just keeps on spinning

Why can’t I access my macbook. When I enter my password in the prompt frameware. The circle just keeps on speening. Any advice what to do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 11:20 PM

Omz_ Said:

"Macbook Air: what do I need to do to install time machine. Please based here in the picture."

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Restoring form a TMB:

Hook up the Time Machine Backup hard drive to your computer, and then boot in Recovery Mode.

1. Go here: How to restore your Mac from a backup - iMore
  2. Scroll to: HOW TO RESTORE YOUR MAC FROM A LOCAL BACKUP
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2022 11:20 PM in response to Omz_

Omz_ Said:

"Macbook Air: what do I need to do to install time machine. Please based here in the picture."

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Restoring form a TMB:

Hook up the Time Machine Backup hard drive to your computer, and then boot in Recovery Mode.

1. Go here: How to restore your Mac from a backup - iMore
  2. Scroll to: HOW TO RESTORE YOUR MAC FROM A LOCAL BACKUP

Aug 16, 2022 10:56 PM in response to Omz_

Omz_ Said:

"Macbook Air: Why can’t I access my macbook. When I enter my password in the prompt frameware. The circle just keeps on speening. Any advice what to do?"

-------

Circle with a Link Through it:

Go Here: If your Mac Starts Up to a Circle with a Line Through it - Apple Support

So, Restore or Reinstall Anew:

A. Restoring the macOS:

Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important: First, Back Up your Mac:

Prior to all of this, do you Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac? If so restore your Mac from it. If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a backup of your Mac, prior to making any major changes to it (i.e. new install)

B. Reinstalling the macOS Anew:

See if this Site Helps: How to Reinstall the macOS Anew - No TMB Prior to Upgrade - User Tip. Format the hard drive with the applicable macOS, on step D.

In Depth:

Pretty much, it is a matter of:

1. Erasing: and formatting your hard drive to APFS
  2. Installing: [the applicable macOS] via a USB Bootable Installer
  3. Restoring: info from a Time Machine Backup, using Migration Assistant

When I enter my MacBook Air password the circle just keeps on spinning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.