Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes transfer

How do I transfer my iTunes account from an old laptop to my new laptop? I’ve already used a USB drive on my old laptop and exported my iTunes to that USB and then imported it to my new iTunes on my new laptop but some of the music will not play

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 6, 2021 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 10:13 AM

Tylerpennington96 Said:

"iTunes transfer: How do I transfer my iTunes account from an old laptop to my new laptop? I’ve already used a USB drive on my old laptop and exported my iTunes to that USB and then imported it to my new iTunes on my new laptop but some of the music will not play"

-------

Approve of the Device:

If things not playing, then you may have to re-approve of your device. This commonly occurs after upgrades and installations.

1. Open: iTunes
  2. Go to: Account menu
  3. Hover Over: Authorizations
  4. Select: Authorize This Computer...
  5. Log In: Using your Apple ID credentials

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2021 10:13 AM in response to Tylerpennington96

Tylerpennington96 Said:

"iTunes transfer: How do I transfer my iTunes account from an old laptop to my new laptop? I’ve already used a USB drive on my old laptop and exported my iTunes to that USB and then imported it to my new iTunes on my new laptop but some of the music will not play"

-------

Approve of the Device:

If things not playing, then you may have to re-approve of your device. This commonly occurs after upgrades and installations.

1. Open: iTunes
  2. Go to: Account menu
  3. Hover Over: Authorizations
  4. Select: Authorize This Computer...
  5. Log In: Using your Apple ID credentials

iTunes transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.