Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to drag and drop text in MacOs Mail

I have the issue in Apple Mail (Version 14.0 (3654.60.0.2.21)) where when I click text, I am unable to drag and drop it to another part of the document using Apple Mouse on 2015 iMac 27" w. MacOS 11.2.1.

This was happening even way before, under previous Mail/MacOS versions. Any solution to this that anyone knows? Apple any suggestions?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 6, 2021 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 2:02 PM

Select the text in the Mail compose window. Press and hold the option key as you click and drag on that text selection. Drop it in the preferred location. Add the command key with the option key when you want to move that text selection with the drag/drop operation.

Tested with Apple Mail in macOS 11.3.1.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2021 2:02 PM in response to SMOttawa

Select the text in the Mail compose window. Press and hold the option key as you click and drag on that text selection. Drop it in the preferred location. Add the command key with the option key when you want to move that text selection with the drag/drop operation.

Tested with Apple Mail in macOS 11.3.1.

Unable to drag and drop text in MacOs Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.