Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch not connecting???

I just got a new Apple Watch and it will not pair, my phone can’t find it on Bluetooth and my watch can’t find my phone, I already checked if airplane mode on and it’s not, I’m connected to WIFI on both devices. I tried to factory reset it to repair and I won’t work I even did a hard reset and it did work still shows all my apps, contacts, etc.

what do I need to try or do to get it to work?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 7

Posted on May 6, 2021 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 3:26 PM

Hi Falconer1985,

first thing to check would be that your iPhone is on the latest iOS version. At the time of writing this response we are on iOS 14.5.1. If you have bought your watch from Apple then the Apple Watch would also be updated so you wouldn’t need to worry about that.

when you turn your Apple Watch on for the first time it will ask you to bring it near your iPhone, if your phone is unlocked you will have a prompt appear on your iPhone with instructions to connect. If this doesn’t happen then you should open the Apple Watch app on your phone and continue through there.

for more information here is a link on setting up your Apple Watch:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204505

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2021 3:26 PM in response to Falconer1985

Hi Falconer1985,

first thing to check would be that your iPhone is on the latest iOS version. At the time of writing this response we are on iOS 14.5.1. If you have bought your watch from Apple then the Apple Watch would also be updated so you wouldn’t need to worry about that.

when you turn your Apple Watch on for the first time it will ask you to bring it near your iPhone, if your phone is unlocked you will have a prompt appear on your iPhone with instructions to connect. If this doesn’t happen then you should open the Apple Watch app on your phone and continue through there.

for more information here is a link on setting up your Apple Watch:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204505

Watch not connecting???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.