Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air

wasn’t sure how much water got into the speaker but some did i think because speaker stop working. it seemed to worked but i switched it right off and i don’t know what to do

Posted on May 6, 2021 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 10:50 PM

Liquid damage is nearly immediate and permanent. Occasionally, one can get away with it if the liquid quantity was really low and that it did not completely penetrate the critical points of the electrical circuit(s). Your speaker has stopped working and that is a shame. There is nothing else that you can do but let the MacBook dry itself under normal ambient conditions. Leave it about 48 hours on your desk with the lid open and the computer turned OFF. Then try again and see if the speaker works.

If you believe that the MacBook Air's condition has gotten worse, when you turn it ON, then have it examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for further guidance.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2021 10:50 PM in response to don2021

Liquid damage is nearly immediate and permanent. Occasionally, one can get away with it if the liquid quantity was really low and that it did not completely penetrate the critical points of the electrical circuit(s). Your speaker has stopped working and that is a shame. There is nothing else that you can do but let the MacBook dry itself under normal ambient conditions. Leave it about 48 hours on your desk with the lid open and the computer turned OFF. Then try again and see if the speaker works.

If you believe that the MacBook Air's condition has gotten worse, when you turn it ON, then have it examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for further guidance.

Axel F.

macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.