Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I gave my old iphone to my husband, but the sim card still has my info on it. How do I change it to his info? I tried to do it on apple ID, but the changes do not show on the phone.

I gave my old iphone to my husband, but the sim card still has my info on it. How do I change it to his info? I tried to do it on apple ID, but the changes do not show on the phone.

iPhone 6s

Posted on May 6, 2021 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 7:24 PM

Before you gave your phone to your husband, you should have prepared it properly for him by following the directions in this link --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The sim card carries nothing more than a phone number. Once you erase the phone per the above link, contact your cellular provider to have the phone number turned over to his phone number and set up the phone for him under his own unique Apple ID.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2021 7:24 PM in response to Dianef94

Before you gave your phone to your husband, you should have prepared it properly for him by following the directions in this link --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The sim card carries nothing more than a phone number. Once you erase the phone per the above link, contact your cellular provider to have the phone number turned over to his phone number and set up the phone for him under his own unique Apple ID.

May 6, 2021 7:25 PM in response to Dianef94

The SIM Card has no information on it except information to log into the cellular network. I recommend that you follow the instructions in this guide published by Apple ➔ What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. This process will wipe the iPhone clean and allow your husband to log in with his own Apple ID and Password. This way there is no overlap of data between your and his iPhone.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.