Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp call notification on Apple Watch 6

I got an Apple Watch today, I noticed that my watch didn’t get any notification when my family tried to call me on WhatsApp. Is there a way to turn on notifications for WhatsApp Call?

P.S. I am looking get the notification when I’m actually receiving the call!

Apple Watch

Posted on May 6, 2021 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 10:59 PM

My new smart watch does not notify me for WhatsApp calls however I only get missed call notifications. I have read all recommendations here and nothing seems to solve the issue. Any support or help?

5 replies

May 12, 2021 11:09 PM in response to dromo146

dromo146! As of 12 May 2021, Whatsapp doesn't develop an app for the apple watch and has no plans to do so and Apple hasn't released Call Kit to third-party developers. Meaning, Third-party calls are not supported on the apple watch.

We do not have any solutions currently but There can be 2 solutions in the FUTURE

1. Apple allows third-party developers to use the call kit and we receive calls directly on the apple watch.
  2. Whatsapp develops an app for the apple watch and shows the call as a notification on the apple watch as a workaround.

May 11, 2021 10:57 AM in response to Chikkus

Thank You, Chikkus! I double-checked with that, and I spent a few days actually testing it out. I get notifications for WhatsApp messages and missed WhatsApp calls. However, I don't get notified of an incoming call. I contacted Whatsapp Support too with this matter, and I think that both Apple and Whatsapp are not keen on making it available anytime soon.

WhatsApp call notification on Apple Watch 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.