Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

I recently just subscribed to Apple music on my laptop through iTunes. After three months, I decided to use Apple music on my iPhone. I signed into Apple music on my iPhone and saw all the songs I had downloaded. BUT, the problem is that all the songs have a cloud next to them even after I saved them to my library when I was using my laptop. Is there any way I can get rid of the cloud symbol without having to download all the songs because they are a lot.

P.s I also tried updating my music library on iTunes on my laptop but still the cloud sign remains on Apple music on my iPhone.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 7, 2021 7:44 AM

3 replies

May 8, 2021 10:21 AM in response to Valencia_david

Hey Valencia_david,

You can turn on Automatic Downloads so that any future songs are downloaded automatically. You can also download playlists or Albmus all at once by tapping the arrow at the top of the screen. This article has some more information that may be helpful.

"Download music from Apple Music to your iPhone

• Download a song, album, or playlist: Touch and hold music you’ve added to your library, then tap Download.
  • After you’ve added a playlist or album, you can also tap  at the top of the screen.
  • Note: You must turn on Sync Library to download music from Apple Music to your library (go to Settings  > Music, then turn on Sync Library).
  • Always download music: Go to Settings > Music, then turn on Automatic Downloads.
  • Songs you add are automatically downloaded to iPhone.
  • See download progress: On the Library screen, tap Downloaded Music, then tap Downloading."

Add music to iPhone and listen offline

Cheers.

May 8, 2021 9:45 AM in response to Valencia_david

Hello Valencia_david,

After reviewing your post, it seems like you see songs in your Library on the iPhone, but they all have clouds next to them. That means they are not downloaded to the iPhone. To get rid of that cloud symbol you would need to download all of them.

"Download music that you've added to your music library

After you add music to your library, you can download it to your device to listen to offline. Just follow the steps below for your device."

Add and download music from Apple Music

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.