Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is iCloud Library Compulsory for saving from Apple Music?

Hi,

I have recently switched from Spotify to Apple Music but I'm finding the compulsory iCloud Music Library really frustrating. I have several hundred GB of music on my MBP which I don't want synced to my other devices as it is a waste of space and. Is there any way I can download Apple Music content to my MBP or at least save albums etc so that I don't have to search for them every time without enabling this feature?

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 1:59 PM

See Use multiple libraries in Music on Mac. You can create a separate library to use with Apple Music which you can have sync across multiple devices, to which you can add some of your existing music over time if you so choose.

tt2

2 replies

Mar 15, 2022 10:43 AM in response to JAPMP86

Hello JAPMP86,

If you don't want your Apple Music library to sync across devices, you can disable Sync Library:

On your Mac

1.) Open the Apple Music app.
2.) From the menu bar at the top of your screen, choose Music > Preferences.
3.) Go to the General tab and select Sync Library to turn it on or off.
4.) Click OK.

You can find additional information here: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Take care.

Why is iCloud Library Compulsory for saving from Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.