Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Huge library and apple music

What if my music library on the computer is larger than iCloud space? Seems to me I cannot add albums from apple music to my library in this case because I cannot upload it. What can I do?

iMac Pro

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 12:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 2:56 PM

Content from your music library not should be stored in iCloud Drive or similar cloud data services. If you want to use the Apple Music service you are limited to 100,000 tracks in addition to any iTunes purchases. Once tracks are matched or uploaded you can remove the local downloads to free up space, but you should backup to an external drive before doing so such that you could recover any tracks deleted from the iCloud Music Library in error, or if you discover mismatches, e.g. clean vs. explicit.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2023 2:56 PM in response to EmergeInMusic

Content from your music library not should be stored in iCloud Drive or similar cloud data services. If you want to use the Apple Music service you are limited to 100,000 tracks in addition to any iTunes purchases. Once tracks are matched or uploaded you can remove the local downloads to free up space, but you should backup to an external drive before doing so such that you could recover any tracks deleted from the iCloud Music Library in error, or if you discover mismatches, e.g. clean vs. explicit.

tt2

Huge library and apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.