Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost all my desktop images after last update

After the last update I found all my desktop folders had vanished, they are on icloud but I can't restore them to my desktop. In addition weather live has reverted to very basic mode and refuses to return to it's previous display. Are these connected and can I resolve these problems.

Thanks

Posted on May 7, 2021 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 10:57 AM

Hello, bogoff!

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! From your post, it sounds like you're missing files/folders on your Mac, and the weather isn't displaying as expected. We'd like to see how we can help!

It's possible that there needs to be adjustments to your iCloud settings. If you open System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud, do you see a checkmark next to "iCloud Drive"? If not, make sure this is selected, then select "Options...". In this screen, enable the items that you would like displayed, especially "Desktop & Documents Folders".

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

With regard to the weather, are you using a specific application, or the actual Weather app? If using an app, make sure it is up to date in the App Store first, then try closing the app and restarting to test if the behavior persists.

Feel free to post an update for continued support.

All the best.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2021 10:57 AM in response to bogoff

Hello, bogoff!

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! From your post, it sounds like you're missing files/folders on your Mac, and the weather isn't displaying as expected. We'd like to see how we can help!

It's possible that there needs to be adjustments to your iCloud settings. If you open System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud, do you see a checkmark next to "iCloud Drive"? If not, make sure this is selected, then select "Options...". In this screen, enable the items that you would like displayed, especially "Desktop & Documents Folders".

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

With regard to the weather, are you using a specific application, or the actual Weather app? If using an app, make sure it is up to date in the App Store first, then try closing the app and restarting to test if the behavior persists.

Feel free to post an update for continued support.

All the best.

Lost all my desktop images after last update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.