Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

smart keyboard some special characters accessed by shift key do not appear

the @ symbol does not appear when I type shift/2, instead the " appears... other upper case symbols are somewhat random too... anyone else experience this? Suggested fix?

Posted on May 7, 2021 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 11:34 AM

VOBxyz wrote:

the @ symbol does not appear when I type shift/2, instead the " appears...

This just indicates that you have the wrong key mapping chosen. Go to settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard and tap over at the right edge and make sure that you have "US" checked and not "automatic" or something else.

Also make sure that in settings > general > keyboard > keyboards you only have languages on the list that you actually want to use and remove the others.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2021 11:34 AM in response to VOBxyz

VOBxyz wrote:

the @ symbol does not appear when I type shift/2, instead the " appears...

This just indicates that you have the wrong key mapping chosen. Go to settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard and tap over at the right edge and make sure that you have "US" checked and not "automatic" or something else.

Also make sure that in settings > general > keyboard > keyboards you only have languages on the list that you actually want to use and remove the others.

smart keyboard some special characters accessed by shift key do not appear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.