Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri doesn’t work with the latest iOS 14.5.1 update

Siri doesn’t work with the latest iOS 14.5.1 also doesn’t work with car play

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 7, 2021 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 9:31 AM

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings seemed to resolve the Siri not working problem for me. I've not yet tested to see if CarPlay is working again (and will probably have to set up CarPlay when next I get in the car). You end up having to re-set up a bunch of stuff, but it's not a full-blown Erase/Restore operation.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252767696?answerId=255212008022#255212008022

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2021 9:31 AM in response to mattstanley892

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings seemed to resolve the Siri not working problem for me. I've not yet tested to see if CarPlay is working again (and will probably have to set up CarPlay when next I get in the car). You end up having to re-set up a bunch of stuff, but it's not a full-blown Erase/Restore operation.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252767696?answerId=255212008022#255212008022

May 8, 2021 5:05 PM in response to mattstanley892

Greetings mattstanley892!

Looks like you are having some trouble with Siri not working after updating. We want to help! To start, do you have a stable internet connection when this issue is occurring? What happens specifically when Siri isn't working? Do you get any error messages or statements from Siri about what the issue is? Try restarting Siri by going to Settings > Siri & Search > "Hey Siri" off, then enable that setting once more and test again.

Have a great rest of your day!

Siri doesn’t work with the latest iOS 14.5.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.