Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when is the last year of the calender?

i was curious and i started to go on and on on the calender. it went over 10000. then i thought somebody would have done it too. so i looked up google but nobody seemed to know exactly when it ends! does anybody know? if you do pls comment im dying to know! oh and my phone is 6s in case it matters

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on May 8, 2021 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 3:06 AM

10000 is the Max on iPhone 12 Pro iOS 14.5.1, see the pic below

4 replies

May 8, 2021 3:23 AM in response to imsienna

This is quite an interesting topic to explore, and one which I spent a while researching as well.

Assuming Apple uses Unix Time and measures time in 64-bits (which your iPhone 6s processor is capable of), then the highest date it would theoretically be able to store would be UTC 15:30:08 on Sunday, 4 December, 292,277,026,596 AD.

There are some 32-Bit systems that will suffer what is known as the Year 2038 problem after 03:14:07 UTC on 19 January 2038.

Obviously, this doesn't take into account any of the other limitations of the device, hardware or software. From the looks of SravanKrA's screenshot, software limitations have probably been put in place to limit Calendar to the year 10, 000.

Nonetheless, it's certainly an interesting topic to explore from a computer programming perspective.

There's a lot of great examples of date and timekeeping bugs in computer programming over at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_formatting_and_storage_bugs

when is the last year of the calender?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.