Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zwift, Strava, and Apple Health

I use Zwift for my indoor cycling. Zwift sends my workout data to Strava. The Strava app on my iPhone then reports the workout data to Apple Health.

When using Zwift, I run it on my Dell laptop and use a chest strap heart rate monitor. All this works fine. Zwift properly records my work out with heart rate, cadence, power and all that. All that information is correctly reported to Strava and I can look at all the details of my workout with the Strava app.

The problems occur inside Apple Health, which Strava reports the data to. I have tried two scenarios, each present there own problems.

Scenario 1:

I workout as described above, with a chest strap monitor and all that. Unfortunately, when the data gets entered into Apple Health, it is missing the heart rate data. Again, both Zwift and Strava have the heart data, only Apple Health is missing it.

In Settings -> Health -> Data Access & Devices -> Strava, I have all of the categories enabled, including Heart Rate data for both read and write.

Maybe Strava doesn't write heart data to Apple Health? Even though it asks for permission to do so.

So I tried this:

Scenario 2:

I workout as described above, but I also start an Indoor Cycling activity on my Apple Watch (series 6) when I begin my workout and stop it at the end of my workout. After such a workout, Apple Health will now double count that workout. It will have both the Apple Watch activity and the Strava workout. Both with have heart rate data, which is what I want, but it is now double counting the calories.

How do I get this to work correctly? What is the correct way for me to workout on Zwift and to get the heart rate data into Apple Health without double count the workout?

Below is a screen shot from my iPhone of the Data Access settings for Strava in Apple Health. As you can see, everything is enabled, including heart rate data.

Thanks.

Posted on May 8, 2021 9:35 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Zwift, Strava, and Apple Health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.