Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple health heartrate import from third partys (Strava, Garmin, ...)

Hello,

I recently switched to an Apple watch 7 and I really really like it. I see also Apple Health for me as the central storage for all my activitys I record with different applications or hardware.

Now to my problem:

Bike rides I do record with a cycling computer. The activity is showing in Apple Health but always without the heart rate graph. It makes no difference wheater the data is uploaded direct from garmin connect to apple health or via Strava. Some average heart rate value is showing up in the fitness app which does not fit to the real avarage heart rate recorded with the heart rate strap.

My problem is that apps used for showing my training load like Athlytic calculate the exeration mainly by the heart rate "performance".

Which will not work correct with the availible data in health!

Is there another way to get the heart rate from a third party into apple health? I don´t know if this is working on the Wahoo side.

And no I will not record my (long) bike rides direct with my watch when I have a much better unit mounted on my bike exactly for that purpose :)

Thanks

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 12:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 6:41 AM

RunGap is the solution (at least for now...)

With the subscription model of the app it´s possible to sync the data from Strava to RunGap and from there to Apple Health with all Heart Rate data included.

I really can´t understand why this is not working by default with the third party applications.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple health heartrate import from third partys (Strava, Garmin, ...)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.