Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart rate data is disappointing

1. After I go on my 2 hour uphill and downhill hike or bike ride, the heart rate data are all compressed in the Apple Fitness app. Is there a way to look at an extended heart rate graph, i.e., a minute by minute graph, over a two hour period?
  2. Looking at my watch, Heart rate and elevation data are not live. I see my maximum heart rate and elevation about 10 seconds later, i.e., after already going downhill. Is there a way to get LIVE, second by second, heart rate and elevation data on my Apples Series 6 watch?

Note: When I'm struggling on a steep uphill on my bicycle, I don't want to be forced to touch the "crown" to get live data. I need to keep both hands on the handle bars.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 11:51 AM

This is not possible but you can suggest this as a feature here;

Feedback - Apple Watch

Workout map colors

Red and orange is the slowest pace

Yellow is your average pace

Green is the fastest pace

All sections are based on averages for that section and length of time to complete.

If there are grey dots on the route this is a weak or non existent GPS signal.The dots are where the watch is filling in the gaps.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2021 11:51 AM in response to infoseeker99

This is not possible but you can suggest this as a feature here;

Feedback - Apple Watch

Workout map colors

Red and orange is the slowest pace

Yellow is your average pace

Green is the fastest pace

All sections are based on averages for that section and length of time to complete.

If there are grey dots on the route this is a weak or non existent GPS signal.The dots are where the watch is filling in the gaps.

Jul 18, 2021 11:37 AM in response to infoseeker99

p.s. from infoseeker99

when I start going up on a steep incline, the heart rata data on my Series 6 watch often goes blank until I slow down again. It seems the Series 6 is much less reliable for capturing steeper increases in heart rate, i.e., shifting to a steep incline.

also, after completing my bike ride, when I look at the map chart, some parts of it are green, yellow, red. What do the different colors mean on the "map chart"?

Heart rate data is disappointing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.