Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart rate chart unavailable?

My walking activities summary says that there is not enough data to make a heart rate chart. I could generate a chart on my old Apple Watch 2 but not the new Watch 7. Band position is the same. Any ideas? Thanks

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 1:36 AM

On your iPhone, go to Settings/Privacy/Motion & Fitness and check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are On.

Open your iPhone’s Watch app and go to General and make sure that Workout Power Saving Mode is Off.

Next, go to Privacy and check that both Heart Rate and Fitness Tracking are both On.

Finally, go to Passcode and check that Wrist Detection is On.

If any of these settings are incorrect, they will prevent your watch from reading your heart rate during a workout. Set them correctly, and test your watch again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 1:36 AM in response to retmustang1

On your iPhone, go to Settings/Privacy/Motion & Fitness and check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are On.

Open your iPhone’s Watch app and go to General and make sure that Workout Power Saving Mode is Off.

Next, go to Privacy and check that both Heart Rate and Fitness Tracking are both On.

Finally, go to Passcode and check that Wrist Detection is On.

If any of these settings are incorrect, they will prevent your watch from reading your heart rate during a workout. Set them correctly, and test your watch again.

Heart rate chart unavailable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.