Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing Music Files Without Effecting iCloud Music

I have burned many a CD most of which now appears to be in iCloud. I cannot update my MacBook Air because of space issues. What music files can I delete from the MacBook that won't effect my iCloud music library?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 8, 2021 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 6:00 AM

Do you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match? With either service you will have matched or uploaded tracks. You can right click a selection of those that are downloaded and use the remove download option. If you don't have either service then for your purchased tracks you can delete from your library, but not remove from your purchase history, which should leave you with cloud links to the purchases.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2021 6:00 AM in response to Jakeinlove

Do you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match? With either service you will have matched or uploaded tracks. You can right click a selection of those that are downloaded and use the remove download option. If you don't have either service then for your purchased tracks you can delete from your library, but not remove from your purchase history, which should leave you with cloud links to the purchases.

tt2

Removing Music Files Without Effecting iCloud Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.