Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 3 will not update or pair after update 14.5.1

I have been trying to update my Apple Watch 3 for 12 hours following the update to my iPhone X! I’ve tried literally everything on the forum and nothing will work. I’m fuming and about to throw them both in the bin and defect to android!!

Posted on May 8, 2021 1:46 PM

12 replies

May 12, 2021 8:20 AM in response to Fuming123_

I have the same issue. Iphone X updated to 14.5.1 Now the phone will not pair with I watch series 3. The error is "Unable to Check for Update. Checking for a software update failed because you are not connected to the Internet." I am connected. Everything is fully charged. Deleted watch app from phone, reinstalled, no luck. Hard rebooted phone and watch, same error. Tried deleting watch from icloud account like was suggested and still same error. Now what?

May 9, 2021 2:10 AM in response to Fuming123_

On a computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.

Go to Find Iphone.

Select All Devices, then click your Apple Watch.

Click Erase Apple Watch.

Select Next until the device is erased.

Click the remove button next to your Apple Watch.

And try again.

May 12, 2021 8:40 AM in response to Fuming123_

You can’t do anything else. The problem is that the series 3 watch just isn’t compatible with iOS 14.5.1 and Apple are being very shady about it. They clearly know there is an issue as when I called them they asked me to send it to them at no cost so they can upgrade it. However, they did caveat it with if they discover that there is another issue (there isn’t, I’ve had the watch for 3 years and it was working perfectly before the update), they can’t guarantee that they won’t charge to fix it. I highly suspect now they have it that this will be the case. We all know Apple are good at slyly making their products unusable after a certain period of time to get you to upgrade.

Apple Watch 3 will not update or pair after update 14.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.