Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pinterest app and "Sign in with Apple"

Has anyone been able to use the Pinterest app with "Sign in with Apple" ? The app does not allow you to create an account using this method. Neither does their website. How are you supposed to actually use this?

Their FAQ seems to say that you can create an account and then switch it to authenticate with Apple. I however do NOT want to provide my email id to the app.

Any ideas?

Posted on May 8, 2021 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 3:00 PM

Thank you for your reply i_rina.

So here is the deal.

1. The Pinterest iOS app supports "Sign In with Apple", however the website does not. Sign in with Google is supported on both.
  2. In the iOS app, I cannot signup for an account with "Sign in with Apple". It requires me to specify email address, user id etc before it allows me to utilize the application.
  3. I would like to use sign in with Apple to maintain anonymity while using the application.

Any ideas on how I could go about doing this? I do not think this is how "Sign in with Apple" is supposed to work?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2021 3:00 PM in response to i_rina

Thank you for your reply i_rina.

So here is the deal.

1. The Pinterest iOS app supports "Sign In with Apple", however the website does not. Sign in with Google is supported on both.
  2. In the iOS app, I cannot signup for an account with "Sign in with Apple". It requires me to specify email address, user id etc before it allows me to utilize the application.
  3. I would like to use sign in with Apple to maintain anonymity while using the application.

Any ideas on how I could go about doing this? I do not think this is how "Sign in with Apple" is supposed to work?

May 9, 2021 12:25 PM in response to voldie_sunny

Hello voldie_sunny,

It sounds as though you're wanting to use 'Sign in with Apple' for Pinterest. Apple Support Communities is a wonderful place for help, and Sign in with Apple is a great feature. Sign in with Apple is only supported on participating applications and websites as outlined in the following article.

How to use Sign in with Apple

If you'd like to use this feature for Pinterest, or other applications and websites that may not currently offer this feature it would be recommended to provide feedback, or visit their support websites for assistance. You can use the following article to locate contact information for application developers.

How to contact an app developer

Have a great day!

May 18, 2021 6:47 AM in response to voldie_sunny

Thank you for those additional details voldie_sunny,

When using Sign in with Apple you should be presented with the option to use an email, or hide your email. The article previously linked walks through those steps. If you're not seeing that option, and Pintrerest is the only application having issues with this feature it would be recommended to reach out to the developer. Before reaching out to the developer you can walk through the steps outlined in the following article as it may help with reaching a resolution.

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won't open

Take care!

Pinterest app and "Sign in with Apple"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.