You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get back to the Hello screen

I was locked out of my old phone (broken screen) and purchased a new phone. I was able to use the new phone while I had to wait 3 days because Apple locked me out of my account for security reasons. I was still able to use the new phone because of the sim card- just not log into my apple account.

Now that I have access to my account I need to download the cloud to my new phone, however all directions start at the Hello Screen of the new phone. What do you do if you already passed that? How do you reset to get back there.

Also, how can Apple not allow you into your account but still charge you for your credit card for storage?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 9, 2021 6:15 AM

1 reply

May 10, 2021 12:00 PM in response to kmcverry

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, kmcverry.

If we understand your post correctly, you'd like to sign into your Apple ID and use iCloud on your iPhone that's already set up. We'll be happy to help.

You don't necessarily need to get to the Hello screen of your device to sign into your account and set up iCloud. The following links can help you sign into your account and set up iCloud on your device:

Sign in with your Apple ID

Set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you’re wanting to restore from an iCloud backup, the steps here can guide you on what to do:

Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup

As for the question about your account being locked. This usually occurs as a security measure to protect your account. Your information is still being stored there so it would be expected to receive charges. You can read more about why this occurs here:

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

how to get back to the Hello screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.