Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought the 12 yesterday and restored my info from the cloud but a lot of apps are still in the waiting mode. How long does this take? It’s been almost 24 hours now.

How long does it take to restore apps from the cloud on a new iPhone 12? It’s been almost 24 hours now and a bunch are still waiting.

iPhone 12

Posted on May 9, 2021 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 7:40 AM

Depends on the internet speed.

Stay connected to the internet and continue using the iPhone. Depending on the internet speed all apps will get downloaded from the App Store automatically. Apps don't transfer from iPhone to iPhone, only the app data along with app links to the App Store gets transferred.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2021 7:40 AM in response to Grannychu

Depends on the internet speed.

Stay connected to the internet and continue using the iPhone. Depending on the internet speed all apps will get downloaded from the App Store automatically. Apps don't transfer from iPhone to iPhone, only the app data along with app links to the App Store gets transferred.

May 9, 2021 7:43 AM in response to Grannychu

Make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi and the phone is plugged in until all of the apps are reinstalled. If it isn’t plugged in then Wi-Fi turns off when the phone locks. Also make sure the phone is not in low power mode.

Alternatively, turn on cellular data for the app store and updates. But don’t do this unless you have an unlimited plan.

I just bought the 12 yesterday and restored my info from the cloud but a lot of apps are still in the waiting mode. How long does this take? It’s been almost 24 hours now.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.